June 30th, 2009|
February 18th, 2009
Tags: camwhore, meme
I keep not updating. This is a flaw.
Since I am overwhelmed, I will restart updating as follows: Ask me any question, and I'll answer! (WITHIN REASON, CREEPERS) After this, I will assume you have all satisfied your curiosity with my entire life up until this point, and can start fresh.
Bonus: ( HAIRCUT )
November 19th, 2008
Comment if you yawned.
Current Mood: random
October 20th, 2008
|01:15 pm - MEME|
What has surprised you the most about me (if anything) since joining my flist? Was anything completely unexpected or have I always fit the picture of me you have in your head? Post this in your own journal and see how you have surprised people!
October 14th, 2008
A few things have made me wonder, recently...
...what do people honestly think of me, positive or negative?
The thing is, asking around, I just don't care what people say if they're not important to me. But you guys, the ones whose opinions I respect, it's a different matter.
If I were to ask normally, though... I don't think people would necessarily say the truth, so as to either not hurt me, avoid drama, etc. So I've turned of IP logging, and unscreened anonymous posting.
I just want to know what my people think of me.
September 22nd, 2008
|01:20 pm - Stolen from about everyone|
The problem with LJ: we all think we are so close, but really, we know nothing about each other. So I want you to ask me something you think you should know about me. Something that should be obvious, but you have no idea about. Ask away. Then post this in your LJ and find out what people don't know about you!
September 19th, 2008
|01:05 pm - MEME|
01) Are you currently in a serious relationship?
02) What was your dream growing up?
03) What talent do you wish you had?
04) If I bought you a drink what would it be?
05) Favorite vegetable?
06) What was the last book you read?
07) What zodiac sign are you?
08) Any Tattoos and/or Piercings? Explain where.
09) Worst Habit?
10) If you saw me walking down the street would you offer me a ride?
11) What is your favorite sport?
12) Do you have a Pessimistic or Optimistic attitude?
13) What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with me?
14) Worst thing to ever happen to you?
15) Tell me one weird fact about you.
16) Do you have any pets?
17) What if I showed up at your house unexpectedly?
18) What was your first impression of me?
19) Do you think clowns are cute or scary?
20) If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be?
21) Would you be my crime partner or my conscience?
22) What color eyes do you have?
23) Ever been arrested?
24) Bottle or can soda?
25) If you won $10,000 today, what would you do with it?
27) What's your favorite place to hang out at?
28) Do you believe in ghosts?
29) Favorite thing to do in your spare time?
30) Do you swear a lot?
31) Biggest pet peeve?
32) In one word, how would you describe yourself?
33) Do you believe/appreciate romance?
34) Favorite and least favorite food?
35) Do you believe in God?
36) Will you repost this so I can fill it out and do the same for you?
Current Location: Logic class
September 15th, 2008
Take a picture of yourself right now.
don't change your clothes, don't fix your hair... just take a picture.
post that picture with NO editing.
post these instructions with your picture.
( I wasn't going to do this meme, but saw it too many times )
March 13th, 2008
|07:23 pm - INTERVIEW MEME|
Tags: meme, re-memorable
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by asking you 5 questions (edit: I don't think they have to be "very personal", but hopefully questions that seem *you* in nature)
3. You will update your LJ with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this and an offer to interview someone else in the post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed you will ask them 5 questions.
I got mine from the wonderful mercuryisme, who you may blame for asking specifically asking #3 which prompted a FLOOD of text. If you're reading this in passing, DO NOT CLICK THE CUT.
1. What's your "if my life falls apart, I'll just pack up and move elsewhere and ______________" last resort career choice?
Hm. I don't think I've ever considered this much before; by and large, I am too stubborn to consider failure cases. Since that is stupid, however, I'll think of one now. I'd say... I'd probably go into sales, and try and manipulate my way into greater money. If I can't have the life I want, I would bitterly buy the closest thing I could.
2. Is there anything that your future children could do that would make you incredibly disappointed?
Assuming I had children? ...probably be close-minded or ignorant. As long as any child of mine is willing to learn and comprehend, both others and themselves, then I am happy.
3. Why "imaria" and the angel themed LJ?
( LOOOOOONG TEXT ANSWER [Touches on 'saviour complex' issues] )
4. What kind of kid were you when you were little?
When I was REALLY young, I was a charismatic charmer. Then I got arrogant as FUCK as I got older, and got myself rightfully beat up. Then I went into the shy-as-hell stage, and stuck like that until high school.
5. When are you coming to California?
Haha, whenever I can scrounge up the cashmoney ;] (As it is, California alone would cost roughly $2000 in a time where $20 is AWESOME)
This was fun!
Current Location: In class
October 31st, 2006May 10th, 2006
|03:53 pm - Quack|
I fail at posting. I know this.
Let it be generally known that I am:
b) well, and
c) playing a lot of Smash Bros.
More useful info to come later.
HOWEVER, I want to get this "blogging" ball rolling again. And so, I will cheat by hopping onto a local meme to get the gears slowly grinding once more.
Everyone has things they blog about. Everyone has things they don't blog about. Challenge me out of my comfort zone by telling me something I don't blog about, but you'd like to hear about, and I'll write a post about it. Ask for anything: latest movie watched, last book read, political leanings, thoughts on something, favorite type of underwear, explain an interest, whatever. Repost in your own journal so that we can all learn more about each other.
(Comments screened, of course.)
April 11th, 2006
|03:06 am - I R TAGGED|
I only post this because I've haven't posted in a bit, and I need to get the ball rolling again. Besides, I was tagged, and I can only evade so many memes ;]
( Memeosity )
Current Mood: meme-orable?
April 5th, 2006
|09:35 am - I Am Infected/ The 5 Generation Rule|
Tags: counciltalking, epiphany, meme, philosophy, school
Memes are like AIDS combined with gambling; in a few years, we'll be holding fundraisers to get rid of them and talking about "the silent problem; talk to your friends about their addiction."
( Psychohazardous Material Within )
Saw V for Vendetta again last night with terminus8; an excellent talk evolved from it. That's twice that movie has done that; it is SO on my permanent list. We came to a shaky conclusion that major events cease to have impact on people in 5 generations; things of major social importance, like the Holocaust, or 9/11, the birth of the Internet, or whatnot.
- Generation #1 is the generation the Event occurs to; they are only moderately affected because they are conditioned already by the world before the Event as well; it tempers its effects.
- Generation #2 is the most affected; the Event sets the stage for their basic developmental growth. This generation both knows the most about it, and also attaches the most emotional importance to it.
- Generation #3 is the beginning of decay; lacking the intensity of the birth of the event, they are only subject to the retellings and attempts to pass on the feelings from the previous generation; the facts are learned moderately well, but the emotional effect begins to wane; many will not feel the event is important to them.
- Generation #4 learns the facts, but there is no-one left to import the emotional content personally. The occasional person might make a connection, or perhaps talk to a grandparent, but the Event loses much of its effect.
- Generation #5 loses even the facts; the average person knows as much about the Event as they do about ancient French culture or Egyptian pottery; it is perceived as "ancient history" and no longer socially relevant.)
For the Holocaust, for example, I'd call my generation #4. #4 knows the facts, but the emotional part doesn't shine through. And our children, generation #5, will likely find the name Adolf Hitler to be nothing more than history; on some horrible TV show, someone will say something stupid like "Wasn't he a designer or something?" and there will be a silly *boiiiing* noise as they will be laughed at, but it will happen all the same. Given that a generation is, say, 40-50 years of eminence, it's odd to think that the world as you know it will be totally forgotten for all it is worth in 250 years, almost as a rule. It's weird ;/
And with that, I go to my final class and get marks back for two essays to boot. Here's hoping I don't hate everything tonight! ;]
Current Mood: sleepy
February 8th, 2006
|12:53 pm - Stupid Memes ARGH|
|Guilt|| What is yours? || Explain yourself |
| Culinary: ||Food
|| Honestly, I avoid it when I can, but sometimes...I just can't help myself. It ruins my physique...
|Literary: ||Bash.org or Penny Arcade|| They're both such blatant geek horrible humour, but they both can also make me laugh every time.|
|Audiovisual: ||X-Play|| This is the only TV show I think I turn the TV on for anymore. And frankly, it's for Morgan Webb.|
|Musical: ||MOST OF MY MUSIC|| My stuff can make people's ears bleed...going from the real soundtrack of an SNES game(all bleeps intact!) to a full orchestra just makes people lose it apparently.|
|Celebrity: ||Lindsey Lohan (circa "Mean Girls")|| She should have become so much more...*sniff*|
Now I tag:-
i despise doing these and memes
to complete this same Quiz, Its HERE.
Current Mood: grumpy
December 6th, 2005
|10:49 pm - I Need 83% More Bizarre|
Ground Rules: The first player of this "game" starts with the topic "5 weird personal habits" and people who get tagged need to write an LJ entry about their 5 quirky habits as well as state this rule clearly.
In the end, you need to choose the next 5 people to be tagged and list their names. Screw that; I hate tagging people. Hey, you, readers! If you'd be inclined to do this, the first 5 of you can tag yourselves ;]
1. I forget to eat when I get thoughtful. This can go on for days at a time; I will be asked when the last time I ate was, and I will give answers like "Yesterday morning" or "Dinner a day or two ago, I think".
2. I seem to have a problem with just saying "Hello" as a greeting. I must either quack, moo, stick my tongue out, stick my tongue out and make a U with it, poke them, sneak up behind them, or the like. I have also been known to answer my phone with "Aloha" or "A-hoy-hoy". In IM conversations, I will usually start my conversation of with an emoticon, usually the most odd one I can think of at that moment. I favour the MSN black sheep.
Man, this is hard. I don't pay this much attention to myself. I hope I have at least 5 quirky habits...I'd be disappointed with myself otherwise...
3. I draw my notes in class as pictographs. If I need to write out a fact, I use English, but I write down concepts as bizarre little sketches. Since I have a terrible memory for names, these little sketches become mnemonics for the concepts we were talking about. Studying then becomes looking at small drawings ;] It's worked far better than anything else I've ever tried.
4. I have to sleep to music, or some other distracting non-repeating sound. I almost forgot about this since I've been doing it since grade 8 or 9, but I supposed it is quirky. I also roll into this one that I need to sleep in absolute darkness: since my room has so many electronics, I found it easier to sleep with a mask. The sensory deprivation (the music acts as white noise) helps distract me so I can sleep. (I'd love to try one of those water-coffin things that act as full sensory deprivation tanks.)
Damn. I think I'm too boring for my own good. All my oddness is inside my head; I don't do enough external things that make people give me odd looks anymore. I need to work on this.
5. As I'm a big cheater, anyone who feels like it can drop a comment about something else I do that is odd. I know that I am more bizarre than this, but apparently I'm too useless to think of it ;/
November 23rd, 2005
|11:39 pm - Dentistry = Evil|
Tags: meme, school
1. My username is ____ because ____.
2. My journal is titled ____ because ____.
3. My subtitle is ____ because ____.
4. My friends page is called ____ because ____.
5. My default userpic is ____ because ____.
1. My username is imaria because that's the last name of all my Void characters, and therefore the name of my inner me. (As a side note, it's pronounced "Im-aria", not "I-maria".)
2. My journal is titled Shadowscape because it fit with the Void scheme and sounds cool ;]
3. My subtitle is "Choir of the NightWinged" because...well, read above. The greatest thing about having the Void is that I've got a default theme for everything ;]
4. My friends page is called "Angels of a Feather" because it seemed witty at the time.
5. My default userpic is...why am I even bothering to fill all these out? The answer is the Void the whole damn way through.
Yeah, this journal could get me committed. Meh.
I have been to the dentist 7 times in the past 5 weeks, and will probably stop by again tomorrow. I hate my face, and I want a new one.
I also completed my midterm today, and I'm happy with how it went. I knew my stuff, and I was happy with my essay points and presentation. Now I get a month off. So w00t to that!
I will now go and most likely take more Tylenol for my aching face. ARGH
Current Mood: aggravated
October 10th, 2005
|10:30 pm - Love & Whatnot|
Tags: meme, memorable
Reply to this post, and I'll tell you one reason why I like/love/adore you. Then put this in your own journal, and spread the love.
(I don't normally do these, but I like you people, and don't see enough of you often enough to show it, and those I do see I don't say it enough anyway.)
Current Mood: nostalgic
Current Music: Time Of Your Life - Green Day [Nimrod]
September 30th, 2005July 19th, 2005
|11:41 pm - Because I Do This Thing Every Few Months...|
( The Dante's Inferno Test has banished you to the Sixth Level of Hell - The City of Dis! )
Hmmm...I'm becoming moderate. I should get that looked at ;/
(A Void entry should be up shortly after this.)
Current Mood: procrastinating
June 26th, 2005
|02:29 am - Bwahaha!|
The average score for people taking the Bash.org Moderator Application is 658.5
My score was 954 ;]
Current Mood: amused